We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this statement sets out how we will treat your personal data.
What data do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation);
- data that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including name, address, email address, organizational size and activity);
- data that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, email address);
- any other data that you choose to send to us;
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Using your personal data
Personal data submitted to us via this website will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy statement or in relevant parts of the website.
We may use your personal data to:
- administer the website;
- maintain a business relationship with you;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- provide third parties with statistical data about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
Where you submit personal data for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that data in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal data to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may disclose data about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement.
In addition, we may disclose your personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing data to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal data where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal data.
Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your data to third parties.
International data transfers
Data that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the data in accordance with this privacy statement.
Data which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in our home jurisdiction.
In addition, personal data that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such data by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal data.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal data we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. We will delete your personal data upon your request, provided that we are legally allowed to do so.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Updating personal data
Please let us know if the personal data which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our treatment of your personal data, please write to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to IDA Foundation, PO Box 37098, 1030 AB Amsterdam.
The data controller responsible in respect of the data collected on this website is IDA Foundation.