When we talk about quality at IDA Foundation, we are talking about the quality of our products and the quality of our organization. IDA is widely recognised as a leader in Quality Affairs. Our procedures are well-documented in detailed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Our actual work practices are checked against the SOPs, both through regular internal reviews and by an external certifying agency.
The IDA Quality Affairs department consists of teams based in our offices in Amsterdam, Mumbai (India) and Shijiazhuang (China). These teams work together to maintain IDA’s certifications and ensure a consistently high level of organizational performance.
- Our Quality Management System conforms to system ISO 9001:2015 (for all of our offices) and is certified by Bureau Veritas
- As a wholesaler licensed by the Dutch Ministry of Health, we comply with EU-GDP guidelines, and we are inspected on GMP by the Ministry
- IDA has a license to repack or relabel medicinal products
- Our distribution complies with European GDP rules and has been certified by Dutch Health Authorities
- We comply with the WHO Model Quality Assurance System (MQAS) for Procurement Agencies. We are approved by USAID (Supplier A Status) and have Humanitarian Procurement Centre (HPC) status according to DG ECHO (EU)
- Quamed, a network initiative aimed at improving the quality of medicines that circulate in developing countries, specifically assessed us against MQAS and GDP Guidelines. The outcome of the audit is available through their website for all Quamed partner organisations
- We have strict procedures to control the distribution chain and were awarded Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) status by Dutch Customs