IDA has extensive experience as a procurement agent (PA), managing entire procurement processes for large-scale programmes. These programmes involve comprehensive services, including issuing tenders to suppliers, freight forwarders and labs; overseeing quality assurance and quality control; arranging transport and logistics; and stock keeping. Specific services vary from one programme to another, and can be customised to the needs of the donor or end user.
IDA is the PA for several programmes, each of which has a dedicated procurement and customer support team.
Global Fund’s Pooled Procurement Mechanism (PPM). IDA is responsible for supplying countries with a range of products, including
- Long-lasting insecticide-treated bed nets (LLINs)
- Medicines for opportunistic infections (OIs)
- Non-ACT antimalarial medicines
- Diagnostics and laboratory equipment / reagents
- Global Drug Facility (GDF). IDA is responsible for the procurement of 1st and 2nd line tuberculosis drugs to countries approved by the GDF. We also manage the buffer stock of drugs for multi-drug resistant tuberculosis (MDRTB) from our warehouse in Amsterdam.
- USAID Procurement and Supply Management (PSM). As part of a consortium led by Chemonics, IDA supplies all HIV/AIDS related health commodities to recipients of USAID/PEPFAR funding.
Past projects include a paediatric ARV project with the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) and HIV/AIDS and Malaria procurement for the government of Togo.