Supply Chain Business Analyst
fulltime (40 hours)
In your role as Supply Chain Business Analyst, you work in close cooperation with the Global Networks team and report to the Global Networks Manager. You are responsible for actively supporting the objective of robust systems, processes and solutions by managing the flow of goods, materials and data between multiple origins and destinations to drive operational efficiency through tactical execution.
As the Supply Chain Business Analyst, you provide visibility to the Supply Chain department by ensuring strong activity/performance measurements. In addition, you support the Global Networks Manager to engage IDA Foundation in the development and deployment of new internal and external business solutions aligned with industry best practice.
In general, you are responsible for:
- Mapping data flow, standardising data formats and collection frequency per source both internally and externally;
- Consolidating data and/or ensuring inter-convertibility between various databases;
- Monitoring and measuring data integrity and timeliness both internally and externally;
- Creating and implementing an automated dashboard and internal business solutions with/for external parties;
- Writing business solutions and participating in internal and external meetings to present them;
- Training various stakeholders on business solution tools;
- Proposing relevant solutions based on business best practices;
- Monitoring and measuring Supply Chain department activity and performances;
- Ensuring athe accuracy of internal and external automated reports and tools;
- Reporting on dysfunctions and/or quality service deterioration;
- Providing ad hoc reports to internal stakeholders;
- Detecting potential dysfunctions and/or entry deficits in our business solutions and coordinating corrective actions with quality service;
- Updating and maintaining Rates, SOP and Knowledge Management database.
To be seriously considered, we require the following qualifications in regard to:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or IT;
- Minimum of 5+ years professional experience within Freight Forwarding industry;
- Understanding of 3rd party logistics, transportation systems, and/or warehouse management is preferred;
- Knowledge of leading industry technologies with a strong knowledge around IT governance, project planning, and the technological usage/alternatives available in a multi-platform environment;
- Experience in delivering technology based solutions (Track & Trace, automated reporting & tools, EDI deployment, data integration, etc.);
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
Skills & Characteristics:
- You are able to read, analyse, and interpret financial reports and technical procedures;
- You able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardisation exists;
- You are able to prioritise workloads, manage concurrent projects and timelines;
- You are able to take the initiative and act collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders;
- You are able to display excellent communication and presentation skills; oral and written;
- You are able to show a strong ability to sell concepts, ideas and continuous process improvement opportunities to internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a MUST.
At IDA Foundation, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere.
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: IDA offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good, while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a fulltime contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.
We will only consider applicants who are currently living in the Netherlands and match the job requirements. If you are interested in this challenging position, apply now.
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Rheinhard Hein (020-4109986). The candidate will be asked to hand in a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) upon entering employment.