Senior Financial Controller
Fulltime position (40 hours/week)
In your role as a Senior Financial Controller, you are part of the Finance team, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager and you are the finance specialist for IDA and its subsidiary’s.
As a Senior Financial Controller, you are responsible for finance and accounting related procedures, reporting on monthly financial results and cash flow forecasts. You analyze and interpret financial information to support the various departments and will review if procedures have been correctly applied. Within the Finance team in The Netherlands you are responsible for all finance related activities like taxes and statutory accounts. You actively interact with the management of your business unit and senior business controllers of IDA Foundation in both The Netherlands and India to discuss relevant improvements that can be implemented. You are also expected to initiate improvements and take care of execution in various projects.
In general, you are responsible for:
- Delivering financial and managerial reports;
- Leading role in month end closing;
- Ensuring proper documentation of all balance sheet items;
- Developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies;
- Ensuring all business processes and accounting policies are fully compliant with Dutch GAAP;
- Identifying, solving and improving business process issues that impact the reporting;
- Identifying, solving and improving efficiencies in the closing process;
- Handling the forecasting process (incl. budget) by enforcing the right formats over different units and consolidating the various input;
- Securing and optimizing the ERP standard for Finance & Control and the integration with other processes;
- Strenghtening internal controls.
To be seriously considered, we require the following qualifications in regard to:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in accounting or finance;
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a Finacial Controller;
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations;
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably JD Edwards.
Skills & Characteristics:
- You have a flexible and positive attitude, ability to meet the changing requirements of the organisation;
- You have a pro-active approach, finds root causes and is convincing in providing solutions for problems;
- You have strong change management skills and are able to colaborate with others to implement changes;
- You have a strong affiliation with IT systems;
- You have a highly accurate and analytical mind set, with attention to detail and quality.
- Fluency in English and preferably Dutch (both writing and speaking).
At IDA Foundation, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere.
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: IDA offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good, while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a fulltime contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.
We will only consider applicants who are currently living in the Netherlands and match the job requirements. If you are interested in this challenging position, apply now.
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Rheinhard Hein (020-4109986). The candidate will be asked to hand in a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) upon entering employment.