fulltime position (40 hours/week)
In your role as a Production Planner, you are part of the Supply Chain team, you report directly to the Senior Supply Chain Coordinator & Kit Specialist.
As a Production Planner, you are responsible for planning and control of all steps in the production planning of emergency medical kits. You are accountable for ensuring customer satisfaction by continuously planning, monitoring and re-planning of the production to ensure customer deadlines (OTIF). Your challenge is to realize the service level (in full on time) of products and related services against lowest possible integral added cost for our customers. Cost elements that you are expected to optimize are e.g. warehouse inventory costs and operational costs at our 3PL. In case deviations from the original planning are detected, you will need work out an alternative solution, and inform proactively the sales department and/or customer.
Besides your daily activities you will be involved in several improvement projects, one of the projects being the implementation of MRP software to support our daily operations.
In general, you are responsible for:
- Managing and optimizing the weekly production planning to secure on time delivery;
- Checking and issuing of purchase orders and translating demand into purchase requisitions;
- Updating ERP with batch details;
- Managing the shelf life of stocked kits, and its related components;
- Developing and controlling the long-term production planning;
- Developing and maintaining the materials requirement planning;
- Writing SOP’s on MRP process flows, assisting with MRP implementation and giving MRP training to supply chain kitting team;
- Designing the bill of material together with the content and pricing management as well as analyses.
To be seriously considered, we require the following:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Logistics and Supply Chain management;
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a similar role in an international environment;
- Experience with project management;
- Experience with MRP.
Skills & Characteristics
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Flexible and positive attitude, ability to meet the changing requirements of the internal and external customers;
- Pro-active and innovative mindset;
- Strong planning and analytical skills;
- Highly accurate, with attention to detail and quality.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
At IDA Foundation, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: IDA offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good, while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a fulltime contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.
Do you have a strong affinity with IDA’s mission and are you interested in this challenging position? If so, apply now. Please note that we will only consider applicants who are currently living in the Netherlands and match the job requirements.
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Rheinhard Hein (020-4109986). The candidate will be asked to hand in a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) upon entering employment.