Fulltime position (40 hours/week)
In your role as a Business Controller, you are part of the Finance team, you report directly to the Director Finance and you are the finance business partner for IDA’s business units.
As a Business Controller, you are responsible for supporting the business units on finance and accounting related procedures and report on monthly financial results, (logistic) key performance indicators and cash flow forecast. You are accountable for analyzing and interpreting financial and logistic information additionally, you will review if procedures have been correctly applied. Within the Finance team in The Netherlands you are co-responsible for finance related activities. You will actively interact with the management of your business unit and other departments of IDA Foundation in both The Netherlands and India to discuss the analysis you have made. You are also expected to initiate improvements and take care of execution.
In general, you are responsible for:
- Advising and supporting managers on finance related topics;
- Monthly closing, reporting, forecasting and budgeting on results;
- Controlling and performing post calculation of orders;
- Processing KPI reports and stock reporting;
- Performing cash flow forecast reporting;
- Performing controls on data integrity and reviewing applied procedures;
- Liaising with auditors, support the statutory processes and filing;
- Analyzing financial and logistic information to suggest improvements;
- Maintaining and improving standard operating procedures and systems;
- Reviewing and developing control processes & reporting.
To be seriously considered, we require the following qualifications in regard to:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Master’s degree in in a relevant field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Business Controller;
- Knowledge of accountancy and financial administration;
- Knowledge and vision in relation to financial business support to sales, supply chain in an international environment;
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably JD Edwards.
Skills & Characteristics:
- You have a flexible and positive attitude, ability to meet the changing requirements of the organisation;
- You have a pro-active approach, finds root causes and is convincing in providing solutions for problems;
- You have strong organising skills and able to arrange your own work in a structured manner;
- You have a highly accurate mind set, with attention to detail and quality
- Fluency in written and spoken Dutch and English.
At IDA Foundation, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere.
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: IDA offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good, while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a fulltime contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.
We will only consider applicants who are currently living in the Netherlands and match the job requirements. If you are interested in this challenging position, apply now.
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Rheinhard Hein (020-4109986). The candidate will be asked to hand in a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) upon entering employment.