fulltime (40 hours)
In your role as Business Analyst, you are part of IDA's Global Fund Pooled Procurement Mechanism (PPM) team and report to the Program Manager, PPM. You are responsible for analysing KPIs for the Global Fund (key data procurement & supply chain) and for delivering reports in order to achieve the targets.
As a Business Analyst, you support the PPM Department by identifying crucial future delays that will negatively affect the KPIs, and work to redirect those in a positive direction. You actively interact with the IDA PPM team and report on possible KPI scenarios for the future, and ensure follow up actions are in place leading to positive KPI reporting.
Based on the business requirements and the data analysis you identify improvement areas and bridge the needs of the business.
You actively interact with all IDA PPM positions as well as IDA department heads in the Netherlands and India to make sure that structural improvements will be made. You ensure proper master data maintenance by the responsible departments. You will utilize a range of tools and techniques to optimize reporting and communicate results to the relevant parties.
In general, you are responsible for:
- Understanding business strategy, objectives, process & priorities and how KPIs are driven;
- Driving business performance improvements as a result of KPIs;
- Communicating business requirements effectively with all stakeholders;
- Translating business requirements into solutions;
- Analyzing future KPIs and signal deviations in order to steer those into positive effect;
- Exploring data and discovering patterns, relationships, trends and work with PPM team on how to apply corrective actions resulting in high performance KPI;
- Working collaboratively with the PPM team to support business objectives through the use of the system knowledge and/or reporting;
- Identifying improvements/enhancements to the reporting solution & processes;
- Training relevant parties where required to improve and make the change happen;
- Making sure data is stored and managed correctly by PPM team;
- Preparing business cases that are required for operational efficiency improvement;
- Managing relevant stakeholders independently and pro-actively.
To be seriously considered, we require the following qualifications in regard to:
Education & Experience:
- Master degree in Business Economics/Econometrics/Statistics/Computer science;
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience (international environment) in data analysis;
- Understanding of business processes (procurement/sales/supply chain);
- Strong knowledge of reporting tools to manage large data sets;
- Experience with the implementation of KPIs;
- Affinity with IT / experience with Business Intelligence-tools (QlikView) and ERP systems (JDEdwards)
Skills & Characteristics:
- You are able to collect and evaluate information and independently come up with an analysis of the problem;
- You see gaps that others gloss over and identify the downstream impact of a change or new solution;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to craft compelling messages in visual formats describing data trends and issues (clear and concise documentation);
- You are able to make use of a variety of techniques to conduct analysis and deconstruct the problem or solution;
- You are able to resolve discrepancies and drive answers;
- You are self starter and able to work effectively to achieve results, commitments in time and within the agreed criteria;
- You are able to independently choose your own approach, and maintain it even where it requires convincing others;
- You are able to understand stakeholder needs.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a MUST.
At IDA Foundation, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere.
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: IDA offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good, while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a fulltime contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.
We will only consider applicants who are currently living in the Netherlands and match the job requirements. If you are interested in this challenging position, apply now.
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Rheinhard Hein (020-4109986). The candidate will be asked to hand in a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) upon entering employment.