Strategic Procurement Specialist
Fulltime Position (40 hours/week)
In your role as a Strategic Procurement Specialist, you are part of the Procurement Services department and you report directly to the Procurement Services Program Manager.
As a Strategic Procurement Specialist, you are responsible for determining the strategy for procuring products with best value for money within the set guidelines. You will ensure the strategy is translated to the operational buying team based in Mumbai, India and provide advice and guidance to optimize efficient and effective operational activities. You will build and maintain strong relationships with the main suppliers to aid improvements in the areas of cost and service.
In general, you are responsible for:
- Planning and implementing the full sourcing strategy;
- Reviewing the procurement processes and procedures to ensure alignment with good procurement practices following customers procurement and QA guidelines;
- Creating and maintaining Long Term / Framework Agreements and translating those to operations;
- Implementing continuous improvement in processes;
- Coordinating the supplier quarterly performance evaluation process;
- Reporting on the supplier performance;
- Coordinating market analysis on products managed by the program, in collaboration with the Procurement Officer Lab supplies and diagnostics team;
- Being then main point-of-contact for strategic US and European-based suppliers.
To be seriously considered, we require the following:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor degree;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of working experience in a similar role;
- Experience with procurement and supplier management;
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/lab supplies/diagnostics sector desirable.
Skills & Characteristics
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills;
- Flexible and positive attitude, ability to meet the changing requirements of the internal and external customers;
- Pro-active and innovative mindset;
- Customer and results-oriented attitude;
- Able to easily build relationships and networks that are useful in achieving objectives and effectively uses informal networks to make things happen;
- Highly accurate, with attention to detail and quality.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
At IDA Foundation, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere.
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: IDA offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good, while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a fulltime contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.
Do you have a strong affinity with IDA’s mission and are you interested in this challenging position? If so, apply now. Please note that we will only consider applicants who are currently living in the Netherlands and match the job requirements.
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Rheinhard Hein (020-4109986). The candidate will be asked to hand in a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) upon entering employment.