Quality Assurance / Quality Control Liaison (based in Washington, D.C.)
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain - Procurement and Supply Management program (GHSC-PSM) is designed to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. This is supported by President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program and Zika.
GHSC-PSM is improving the availability of health commodities on a sustainable basis by meeting the following three objectives; Global commodity procurement and logistics, Systems strengthening Technical Assistance, and Global Collaboration to improve Long-Term Available of Health Commodities.
The design and implantation of product quality assurance (QA) for GHSC-PSM project’s prime task orders, TO1, TO3 and TO4 is led by FHI360, GHSC-QA contractor. The QA/QC Liaison is to collaborate and liaise with GHSC-QA and procurement teams, and is responsible to relay information, to facilitate conversations and communications, and to support implementation of GHSC-QA requirements.
- Collaborate with GHSC-QA contractor and internal GHSC-PSM Teams, and foster good relationship.
- Ensure GHSC-QA requirements are available and implemented for each product.
- Support in development of procedures for GHSC-PSM team, reviewing and refining them to align with GHSC-QA requirements. Document and coordinate QA/QC requests in the PSM Management Information System (ARTMIS).
- Maintain QA/QC results in ARTMIS.
- Coordinate in addressing incidents or QA related issues across functional teams. Summarize issues/problems and drive towards solutions.
- Manage QA/QC related deadlines throughout the procurement and supply chain process by liaising with GHSC-QA.
- Assist in market withdrawal and recalls.
- Periodically review QA processes/requirements.
- Inform GHSC-QA about incoming orders. Communicate with immediate supervisor any issue or incident that requires escalation or notification.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in quality assurance, preferably in pharmaceutical, diagnostic tests or laboratory supplies or technical knowledge of one or more of GHSC-PSM product areas.
- Knowledge of and experience with pharmaceutical GMP and GDP requirements
- Experience in supply chain and health commodity Quality Assurance is a plus
- Solid understanding of USAID and Federal Acquisition Rules
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
We will only consider applicants who are currently living in the United States and match the job requirements. If you are interested in this challenging position, please apply now
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Lien van Gogh (+31 20 410 9966).