PROJECT OFFICER LAB EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
fulltime position (40 hours/week)
In your role as a Project Officer Lab Equipment and Supplies, you are part of the Procurement Services team and report directly to the Programme Manager. You are the focal point of contact for all internal and external requests relating to lab equipment and supplies.
As a Project Officer Lab Equipment and Supplies, you are responsible for providing reliable sources of specific lab categories, in close cooperation with Purchase and Sales. You optimize the lab assortment as much as possible in accordance with the product requirements of the customer.
In general, you are responsible for:
- Supporting Sales with product identification for lab equipment and supplies;
- Analyzing all requests relating to lab equipment and supplies;
- Sourcing and contacting suppliers/wholesalers to get the best terms and conditions possible in close cooperation with Purchase department;
- Building and maintaining relationships with reliable suppliers;
- Providing advice to customers on suitable alternatives if the requested products are not available;
- Ensuring the right sourcing processes and policies are in place and up-to-date to maintain an -appropriate supplier base;
- Ensuring all required information for lab equipment and supplies is available and up-to-date in IDA’s ERP systems and is correctly maintained in the product database;
- Providing training/coaching to the team.
To be seriously considered, we require the following:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Life Sciences or similar discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in lab equipment and supplies environment;
- Extensive and proven knowledge of technical and commercial aspects of laboratory supplies;
- Microbiology knowledge is a plus;
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably JD Edwards.
Skills & Characteristics
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills;
- Flexible and positive attitude, ability to meet the changing requirements of the donor/contractor;
- Pro-active and innovative mindset;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Highly accurate, with attention to detail and quality.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
At IDA Foundation, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: IDA offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good, while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a fulltime contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.
Do you have a strong affinity with IDA’s mission and are you interested in this challenging position? Apply now. Please note that we will only consider applicants who are currently living in the Netherlands and match the job requirements.
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Rheinhard Hein (020-4109986). The candidate will be asked to hand in a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) upon entering employment.