PROCUREMENT SERVICES OFFICER
fulltime position (40 hours/week)
In your role as a Procurement Services Officer, you are part of the Procurement Services team, you report directly to the Programme Manager and work closely with the Senior Procurement Services Officer. You are the focal point of contact for the customers (Principal Recipients) and coordinate, in cooperation with the other IDA departments, the full quote and order process until delivery at the end customer.
As a Procurement Services Officer, you are responsible for providing excellent service to customers within the programme-specific guidelines and standard operating procedures of IDA Foundation, as well as those of the contractor/donor.
In general, you are responsible for:
- Taking ownership of price quotation requests and processing orders within the agreed timelines;
- Coordinating with various departments (Purchase, Supply Chain and QA) to complete the quotation and deliver the order in full and on time to the end customer;
- Ensuring the integrity of data and exchanging clear information with the Program Manager;
- Participating proactively in continuous improvement initiatives;
- Building and maintaining a very close relationship with the contractor/donor and the customer;
- Complying with the donor/contractor’s guidelines;
- Communicating with customers/contractors/donor both in a proactive and reactive way;
- Identifying customer needs, and advising the customer in choosing the best options;
- Taking full ownership of issues and proposing the best suitable solution for all parties involved.
To be seriously considered, we require the following:
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Logistics and Supply Chain management or in Business Administration;
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a similar role;
- Experience in sales support in an international environment;
- Experience with supply chain is preferred;
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably JD Edwards.
Skills & Characteristics:
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Flexible and positive attitude, ability to meet the changing requirements of the donor/contractor;
- Pro-active and innovative mindset;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Highly accurate, with attention to detail and quality.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
At IDA Foundation, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: IDA offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good, while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a fulltime contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.
We will only consider applicants who are currently living in the Netherlands and match the job requirements. If you are interested in this challenging position, apply now.
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Rheinhard Hein (020-4109986). The candidate will be asked to hand in a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) upon entering employment.