fulltime (40 hours)
In your role as an IT Director, you are part of the management team, reporting to the Managing Director.
As an IT Director, you are responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT operations in The Netherlands (Amsterdam and Veenendaal) and India (Mumbai). This includes managing the ERP environment, master data management, end user reporting tool, hard- and software maintenance and upgrades, workplace automation, communication tools and related areas. You will lead the IT team which consists of 11 employees (8 in Amsterdam & and 3 in Mumbai).
In general, you are responsible for:
- Managing the deployment, development, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and support of organisational IT systems. This includes operating systems, servers, PCs, software apps, telephones and peripherals;
- Overseeing the development and enhancement of systems and integrating new systems with those existing;
- Developing plans and strategies so client services can be enhanced, user effectiveness improved, and innovation encouraged;
- Liaising regularly with executive and senior management as well as systems users;
- Developing standard operating procedures allied to best practice, and ensuring written protocols and guidelines are provided for it staff and all end-users;
- Ensuring written documentation is created and maintained, to include user and system manuals, license agreements and all documentation relating to modifications and upgrades;
- Keeping up-to-date with the most recent technologies and advising on what new technological solutions and their implementation will meet business and systems requirements;
- Negotiating with suppliers of hardware and software to get the best deal, including external support, and being responsible for contracting consultants and making service agreements;
- Creating a budget for each project as well as managing the financial aspects of the entire IT department such as purchases and ongoing budgeting;
- Leading and developing the IT team.
To be seriously considered, we require the following qualifications in regard to:
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in computer science or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar leadership role within an international environment;
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT/ERP systems and their specifications;
- Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry;
- Experience in controlling information technology budget.
Skills & Characteristics:
- You have a solid understanding of business processes, preferably in an international Supply Chain environment;
- You have proven experience in project and change management;
- You have solid analytical and critical decision-making skills with strategic ability;
- You have strong planning and organization skills;
- You have an ability to perform root-cause analysis and problem resolution;
- You are team-oriented and have good interpersonal communication skills with an ability to coach others;
- You have an ability to manage stakeholders effectively at all levels, both internal and external;
- You have a strong affinity with IDA’s mission.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a MUST.
At IDA Foundation, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere.
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: IDA offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good, while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a fulltime contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.
We will only consider applicants who are currently living in the Netherlands and match the job requirements. If you are interested in this challenging position, apply now.
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Lien van Gogh (020-4109966). The candidate will be asked to hand in a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) upon entering employment.