fulltime (40 hours)
In your role as an Finance Director, you are part of the management team, reporting to the Managing Director.
As a Finance Director, you will oversee all financial and administrative aspects of the company, assess the financial performance as well as possible risks, and provide advice and guidance to the management team for strategic decision making. You will lead the finance team which consists of the Accounting team (11 employees), the Controllers team (6 employees) and the team in India (11 employees).
In general, you are responsible for:
- Providing strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the company;
- Managing the development and implementation of financial and operational policies and procedures and ensure their compliance with international and national standard and best practices;
- Preparation of the annual budgets, forecast and monthly reporting;
- Retaining constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems;
- Conducting risk management and analyzing performance;
- Ensuring financial legal, tax and administrative compliance requirements are met;
- Leading and developing the finance team;
- Allocating resources and managing cash flows;
- Taking part of the audit committee together with the Board and external auditors;
- Establishing a high level of credibility and managing strong working relationships with external parties including customers, insurance companies, auditors, banks, and tax consultants.
To be seriously considered, we require the following qualifications in regard to:
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field and professional certification (CPA, CMA) is preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar leadership role within an international environment;
- Knowledge of accounting principles, regulations, financial analysis and forecasting;
- Experience with treasury and preventing financial risks in a complex business environment;
- Proficiency with IT/ERP systems.
Skills & Characteristics:
- You have a solid understanding of business processes, preferably in an international (medical) Supply Chain environment;
- You have solid analytical and critical decision-making skills with strategic ability;
- You have strong planning and organization skills;
- You have an ability to perform root-cause analysis and problem resolution;
- You are team-oriented and have good interpersonal communication skills with an ability to coach others;
- You have an ability to show a clear understanding of organizational sensitivity and work with high integrity;
- You have an ability to manage stakeholders effectively at all levels, both internal and external;
- You have a strong affinity with IDA’s mission.
- Fluency in written and spoken Dutch and English.
At IDA Foundation, we ask a lot of our employees, but we also give a lot in return. This includes:
- Great colleagues: You’ll work in a team of enthusiastic, motivated professionals in an open atmosphere.
- Inspiration and development: We offer training and personal development opportunities for all employees, and regularly host guest speakers.
- Fun: Department and company outings are organized on a regular basis, and we make sure to celebrate our successes together.
- Making an impact: IDA offers a great opportunity to use your passion and skills for good, while working in an enthusiastic team and stimulating environment.
- Salary and holidays: We benchmark salaries against mid-sized companies in the Netherlands, and to support a healthy work-life balance we offer 30 vacation days for a fulltime contract. In addition, we offer a commute allowance and a defined contribution pension.
We will only consider applicants who are currently living in the Netherlands and match the job requirements. If you are interested in this challenging position, apply now.
For questions regarding the vacancy, please contact Lien van Gogh (020-4109966). The candidate will be asked to hand in a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag) upon entering employment.